INFORMATION BIO CARIBE
Titled property near Punta Uva beach at affordable price
Sustainable Residential Development
• Bio Caribbean is an ecological residence 8 km away from Puerto Viejo and 5 km to the secluded beach of Punta Uva. More precisely, from the Paraiso road you find us 2.6 km South of Punta Uva and 1.6 km West on a private road which crosses the neighboring Harmonia Project.
• The Bio Caribe Property is located on one of the best locations: close to the Punta Uva beach; within short distance from the airport in Changuinola (Panama); only 2 km from the recently new paved route #36; close to the public hospital in Sixaola; 12 km from Puerto Viejo.
• The Bio Caribe property consist of 125 hectares (306 acres). The objective of Bio Caribe is to develop the first off the grid ecological residence in Costa Rica focused on sustainability.
• 23 hectares of the Bio Caribe project is protected forest and 14.5 hectares are pasture.
• Bio Caribe is subdivided in 58 titled properties. Each individual lote is registered at the national register.
• Each property counts with municipal building permission and are current on municipal taxes.
• Bio Caribe provides legal security on your investment. We are located out of the wildlife refuge Gandoca-Manzanillo and not part of the disputed indigenous reserve Kekӧldi.
• Bio Caribe is divided into two development areas. The Southern area is connected to electricity (36 properties) The Northern area is designed to be off the grid (22 properties).
• We established both a regulation- as a recommendation plan for Bio Caribe with emphasis on sustainable building.
• Both the northern as the Southern entrance will have electric gates.
• At the Southern entrance, area “C” is dedicated to recreational use. At area “E”, a security house and parking area is envisioned to be implemented. Both areas are reserved to the community free of charge.
• Each property needs to dig its own well. Water is usually found at about 7 meters.
• Properties starting at 5,000 m2 up to 28,500 m2 in size from as low as $3 per m2.
Why Bio Caribe?
Sustainability is the capacity to endure. It is the potential for long-term maintenance of well being, which in turn depends on the well being of the natural world and the responsible use of natural resources Bio Caribe is putting the common phrase” Reduce, Reuse, Recycle” into action by forming a community centered around creating resource rather than consuming them. Through organic farming, alternative energy, recycling and communal spirit this sustainable community allows its members to enjoy a life surrounded with likeminded people who share the same values as you do.
By producing food, energy, and using alternative building technics members are able to drastically reduce their monthly existences, and even generate income. While a consumer based lifestyle tends to mean longer work days to pay for products produced by others, our proposed life style at Bio Caribe enables members to produce basic commodities for themselves leaving more time for things you really want to do and personal enjoyment.
In the long run, we’ll all be living sustainable lifestyles. Many of us are already moving that way–positioning ourselves to live more sustainably–at a pace of our own choosing, rather than waiting until circumstances force our hand. Some who are further along are trying not only to live more sustainably, but also to pass on what they’re learning.